Electrical maintenance problems are one of the top maintenance costs facing commercial vehicle operators today.
The Qwik Tech Tips newsletter published monthly by Phillips Industries addresses specific issues that can cause problems and offers "Qwik" solutions.
Phillips Industries is a leading supplier, innovator and manufacturer of advanced electrical and air brake interface equipment for the commercial vehicle industry. Their expertise in finding solutions through an aggressive testing and product development program can help any heavy vehicle operator reduce their own costs from electrical problems. For instance, corrosion build up in electrical systems causes enormous cost, in both time and money and Phillips is doing testing every day to find ways to reduce those costs. Phillips personnel are in constant contact with vehicle operators, asking about their problems and offering solutions.
- A driver’s crashes and violations are recorded for the past
36 months, even if a driver switches
- Motor carriers are scored based on their driver
s' inspections in the last 24 months.
- A driver has a direct impact on their employer’s chances of being
the focus of an intervention.
- A driver's crashes and violations can harm a carrier’s BASIC score.
- While a driver's poor CSA scores cannot result in having a CDL suspended or even being taken
off the road, a carrier will see that driver as a potential risk to their company.
From this month's issue...
Phillips' product solutions!